[V8Vairs] OT: Front springs for front engined Corvair front end

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 10:08:33 EST 2010

I haven't had the chance yet to have mine weighed on corner scales (a guy
in our club has the scale setup, and usually brings them out once a year
......  but my Crown car wasn't running at last years event).  Maybe this  year.

BUT, I thought I had read where the Crown setups were something like a
41%/59% distribution, and what do the Crown cars weigh?  Something like  2900
lbs?  That would put the front at around 1200 lbs.  I think (?)  that another
factor is when hitting the brakes, how much weight is put on the  front
end....

Anyway, I run the Clarks V8 springs, with 1 coil cut.

Gary Hoffman