[V8Vairs] V8 Vairs Re:Front springs

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:37:15 EDT 2010

"Does anyone know the spring rate in pounds for stock convertible/heavy duty
late model springs? It would be great to know both front and back, but the
front is my current priority. This would be very useful to V8 Vair
enthusiasts doing suspension mods. I see lots of people identifying make
and model, but no info on actual spring rates.
Jim Acker"

Jim-

>From the Parts Catalog:

Front Springs:

3857689  Max load 1151 lbs  65-68 Std Susp

3857690               1213 lbs  67-68 Conv exc CAC, HiPo Susp

3861886               1364 lbs  65-67 Conv with CAC

3875088               1258 lbs  65-69 HD (exc Conv)

3875089               1338 lbs  68-69 Conv, coupe Spec HiPo susp

Chevy didn't usually list spring rates. They just told you the load they expected the springs to hold up.

Ed