[V8Vairs] Weight of a V-8 Corvair

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 20:58:39 EDT 2010

So the cat will now be out of the bag (driver is 200#s dressed).

LF=745  RF= 602    Total Front=1347
LR=942  RR=860     Total Rear=1802
% front =42.8      % Rear = 57.2

As far as weight savings, the Vintage Racing club requires iron blocks and
heads.  While they don't require rollbars for coupes, there is no way I am
going out on the track without it.  I will take out the radio.  But  will
add a rear swaybar and a bigger front swaybar.  I could put in a Lexan  rear
window and put on a rear fiberglass deck.

Gary

In a message dated 7/13/2010 11:00:21 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,