[V8Vairs] shifter and linking

GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com
Mon Mar 22 22:38:15 EDT 2010

Hard to diagnose over the net.  Could be multiple problems.  With  the cars
getting as old as they are now, it isn't unheard-of for the shifter  tube
to need rebuilding.  If recollection serves, there was a nylon/plastic
bushing (that wears/becomes brittle/breaks over time).  I paid Steve  Goodman to
rebuild mine.....with a bronze bushing?  Supposidely it isn't  supper hard
to do it yourself.

Not sure that will help with the grinding.......... As Paul asks, is your
car a Crown conversion?  Do you have a hydraulic clutch?  If you are  not
getting full travel, the master/slave system may just need bleeding, or
adjusting, or even rebuilding.

Gary

In a message dated 3/22/2010 7:05:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,