[V8Vairs] MTF,and gear oil..

streblerm at sbcglobal.net streblerm at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 28 07:37:24 EDT 2010

I am running a sealed (shielded?) Bearing between my powerglide and differential. I don't know for sure that it will work, but it seems good so far, I just keep hoping and checking the tranny fluid :)

Since it seems to be working to keep the auto trans fluid, which is under pressure, from mixing with the gear lube, It should work even better on a manual trans where the oil is basically just hanging out.

On another note, the PO's solution in my car was just to run dexron in the differential. Let's just say I have never seen a R&P with more wear. Of course, they also welded the spider gears, so what did I expect.

Good luck,
                 Matt