[V8Vairs] Tale of two Toros.

Dave davidwenzlick at cox.net
Thu Oct 7 12:29:32 EDT 2010

Let's try this attachment process. If that doesn't work you can at least read the text.  :)

After completeing some work on a normal Corvair I'm now busy doing it "Old School" with my two V8 Toro swaps.

The 425 power package in my 66 Toro Corsa came out last weekend. It had multiple problems but mostly a nearly dead #8 cylinder and a weak rear engine support. It is out right now being evaluated for a rebuild. Pics attached.

The 455 power package in my 65 Toro Corsa has a great engine but the tranny won't shift reliably and pretty much refuses to engage any gear after it is warmed up. The 455 is getting moved into the 66 along with a different TH425 tranny.

My plan is to get the 66 back on the road by the holidays so I can enjoy the winter driving season. The 65 has the best chassis of my two V-8s and that is the one that will get a freshly rebuilt big block and a fresh tranny with a swith-pitch converter (as time and funds permit).

All of my Vair's are for fun and hitting local cruises. I'm not out racing or trying to compete against glamor cars at beauty contests. I just want them to look good and attract a little attention away from the usual cars you see at the meets here. I have two other Corvairs I drive often, a pure stock 66 Corsa 140 and a mostly stock 66 Monza 140 convertible.