[V8Vairs] FUEL GAUGE

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 21:56:16 EDT 2010

I HAVE A 65 CORSA WITH A FUEL GAUGE PROBLEM. I AM JUST ABOUT DONE WITH THE CAR,
COME TO FIND MY FUEL GAUGE IS INOP. I PULLED THE TANK UNIT , HOOKED IT UP , AND
DIDN;T WORK. I GOT A NEW ONE FROM AUTO ZONE, PLUGGED IT IN , GROUNDED THE UNIT
AND IT WORKED JUST AS IT SHOULD. MOVING THE ARM I COULD MOVE THE NEEDLEAS I
WANTED. PUT THE NEW O RING IN SLID THE UNIT IN BEING CARFULL TO NOT HAVE THE ARM
RESTRICTED. LAT PUT THE LOCK RING ON, PUT 3 GALLONS OF GASIN , THE GAUGE READS
EMPTY. NOW OUT IF THE TANK IT ALL WORKS, BUT IN THE TANK NOTHING. I PULLED THE
DASH AND RUN JUMPERS STILL NOTHING. WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF THE TANK AND MOVED THE
ARM THE DAME WORKS. I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO. ANT HELP. ALSO IS THERE A WAY TO
CONVERT THE TACH TO A V8 ?

 Welcome to v8 Vairs!    Tell  us where you are located?  One of us may be close by.

Note:  please do not use CAPS.... that is YELLING  ....

Your gauge problem sure sounds like the float is full of fuel...  no other reason unless it's missing..

Yes,  the tack can be converted...iirc...  but why use an old piece like that?  Too many better tachs that fit, out there today.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/