[V8Vairs] Who has the most recently started V-8 conversion?

Robert Rosencrans elviscamino1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 11:22:10 EDT 2010

.corvair.org/
My car is a 66 Corsa SBC/Crown turned GN 3.8/Wills, now turned 4.6 XLR (longitudinal VVT) Northstar/Wills C5 Saginaw.

I have been collecting parts for a few years in what seems like a never ending quest to stay off the road.  I finally started working on it in February, and aside from cutting out the rear floor it is all new fabrication.

The sub frame and engine are in, and the trans axle is built.  It will have about
5"- 6" ground clearance with nothing hanging below the floor.

I am using SusProg3d to do the suspension.  I am working on the front suspension now and I am in the process of converting it to 64 - 72 Chevelle spindles and steering arms, with Howe lowering ball joints and C5 13" brakes and rotors.  The rear suspension will consist of coilovers, C5 12" brakes and axles attached to the rear of the original torque arms.

It also has 18" wheels and a set of headers from a Roush Indy Northstar, both of which have created their own issues yet to be resolved.    Oh boy!

Bob