[V8Vairs] V8 Corvair trans & transaxle set up

DON W HILTPOLD JR igotstuff at msn.com
Fri Feb 11 12:43:49 EST 2011

To all Crown Corvair builders, I'm considering doing a different drive train system that will use a Porsche transaxle and I'm looking to see if there is any interest in a complete V8 crown style drive train. By selling this drive train and using the Porsche transaxle this will give me over 12 more inches of room, currently have the engine mounted and its touching the seat. At 6' I need more leg room. My Corvair build is an early model and the Porsche trans will use cable shifting. What I have is the Big Wills Saginaw 4 speed conversion transmission completely rebuilt the Wills kit come with the aluminum spacer hardware, transmission shifter, shifter bracket that mounts to trans, sbc aluminum bell housing, 350 flywheel, and a rebuilt 1966 posi transaxle. I also have a 1971 Formula Firebird that has been in indoor storage for the past 25 years originally bought in Sea Breeze Florida, judging for the bodys shape it has never see salt was disassembled to get it into my garage ( 350 engine was ruined due to not having enough coolant, crack between to freezer plugs ) Firebird comes with a 1968 Pontiac 428 complete with 1970 614 ram air IV heads, new pistons, crank needs too be checked. E-mail at igotstuff at msn.com with any interests. Thank you.
Don Hiltpold