[V8Vairs] Fwd: PROJECT-CHEVY V6 4.3L MID ENGINE 65 MONZA

Marty Scarr martyscarr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 22:38:49 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: EVELYN CARLSON <evieincolorado at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Subject: PROJECT-CHEVY V6 4.3L MID ENGINE 65 MONZA
To: v8vairs-help at corvair.org

I saw the Rick Norris layout, but I couldn't see if the bell housing bolted
directly to the Corvair 4-speed transmission, of if an adapter was needed
?? I am researching this project and have the 4.3 in my plan. I have learned
from the VV site that the '65 model transaxel is not as strong as the
Saginaw '66/69 but I'm not too worried because I want a Cruiser, not a
Challenger, so I will use a mild 4.3--or a Buick 3.8
Any info would be greatly appreciated !!
I also have 2 Spyders-'63 and '64 that I may be offering for sale.
Thank you, Cal Turner --Prescott, Az.--(928-771-8663 home) or (605-216-6481
cell)