[V8Vairs] upper strut on LM rear suspension

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu May 26 13:29:03 EDT 2011

Hi Mike,

You should to consider the roll center of the suspension - you might look at Fred Puhn's book on the subject:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/books.html#fredpuhn1

Not just the distance between the mounts matters, also the location relative to the ground is important.  As it turns out, a suspension with a 'perfect' camber curve yields a less optimal roll center, so there's some compromise involved.  There's software out there to do the geometric modeling, but you can also do it with a set of scale drawings.  Good luck!

--Bryan