[V8Vairs] upper strut on LM rear suspension

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu May 26 21:00:59 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/26/2011 5:30:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
GnKHOFFMAN at aol.com writes:

Most  people use steel but Day sells to circle track  racers who put a lot
more  stress on their suspensions than everyday  drivers or autocrossers.
I'll be  using the aluminum rods on my Crown  car.

Bob  Thomas

Bob - I disagree. With the exception of off-road racers, Racers, such  as
circle track, road racing (and autocrossers) may put a high G-load on
suspensions, but street use puts much higher shock loads than racing. A few  good
unseen potholes, or a drainage ditch - And the shock load is much higher. I
have never seen a failure of a rod end on a race car (at least one that
wasn't  post roll-over) but I have seen the street pound out a rod end. I am
not really  worried about the tube, aluminum or Steel, but the retained center
of the rod  end - Keep an eye on them!!

-Seth Emerson