[V8Vairs] talk w/ Arch Evans

Tom Zimmermann tz145236 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 07:45:53 EDT 2012

My pleasure.  Hope it was constructive.

Jim
--with his years of working on Corvairs (and other cars),modifying them to be more 'up to date',he should write a book, or add to Brian Blackwell's site..I felt like a 'tire-kicker' talking with him on the phone..I don't have the budget or shop equipment he does tho..In looking for a 'close match' for the Mustang ll subframe,I did get under a 47 Ford sedan (military,boxed front frame rails) and measured 26 1/2" between the rails..Corvair is 25",angling up to 25 1/4" looking at mine..The Corvair unibody 'frame' is probably too thin, so I'm going to add to it with .125" CRS sheet..