[V8Vairs] Wheels and Tires

paulsiano at yahoo.com paulsiano at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 14:31:37 EDT 2012

A few weeks ago when there was some discussion about activating the V-8 Vairs site, I made a suggestion that each of us contribute items from time to time.

Everybody has, or will need, wheels and tires and it seems to be an easy place to start but if others would like to post something "off topic" of course that would be fine as well.

Front :   Minilite 14 X 7 wheels with BFG Radial TA P215/60R14 tires

              One coil has been removed from the stock HD springs

              Minor reshaping of the top of the lip was necessary for clearance

             As I remember, the front shocks are 1953 Cadillac    (I have never heard of anybody else using them and I'm not sure that's what they are.  Has anybody ever heard that they                 will work?   Whatever they are they work very well.)

Rear:   Minilite 14 X 7 wheels with BFG Radial TA P235/60R14 tires

             No clearance issues

             No suspension changes

             Unsure what shocks were used

I'm about to get a new brake system for the car and although I like the wheels and would like to keep them, I may have to go to larger wheels and they may be for sale in the not too distant future.

Paul Siano

Lecanto, FL

66 Crown conversion