[V8Vairs] Wheels and Tires

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Jun 18 15:13:22 EDT 2012

I was thinking backwards again.  I guess it causes the outside tire to lean the correct direction and the inside tire to lean the wrong direction.  Eats tires faster but makes the important outside tire stick better.  Wouldn't it still be better (but more difficult) to run 0 caster and change the control arm geometry to tilt the tire?
Joel McGregor
From: v8vairs-bounces at corvair.org [v8vairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Sethracer at aol.com To: v8vairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: [V8Vairs] Wheels and Tires

More "negative" caster, that is. Not sure how negative/positive is
calculated.The lower strut is pushed forward. This causes the tire to "lean"  into
the turn, as well as "turn" into the turn. It also increases steering
effort, because you are "lifting" the front end as you shift the weight to the
side of the tires.

-Seth