[V8Vairs] Successful Rear Radiator

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Dec 29 19:01:40 EST 2013

The "KEYWORD"  is "no fans at speed"!!

I know Bill Bertram and Jim Biggs are both successfull with their rear setups..that have been together for years... and driven in HOT  weather...

Jim's is very special because it is rear engined as well!..so actually the radiator is over the transaxle.. and iirc  he has AC!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages

---- Ryan Counterman <vairking at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
I know this has been discussed but I don't remember any definite solution.
Has anybody had any real success with a rear radiator?  And when I say success,
IMO electric fans are NOT needed while the car is in motion.  If you have such
an engineering marvel, could you please post specifically what you have done to
get air to flow through the rad while it is moving?
As I contemplate what to do with my GTP powered Corsa, looking into the trunk
area, a rear rad would be really easy.  The success of my front mounted rad
Kelmark car tells me to stick with what I know and put it in the front.
Ryan Counterman65 Corsa Coupe Kelmark66 Corsa Convertible S/C 3.8 and F40 6
Speedhttp://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,440936,page=1