[V8Vairs] Fwd: Cadillac 500 height issue

mainlymuscle at telus.net mainlymuscle at telus.net
Tue Feb 26 12:17:47 EST 2013

------------ Forwarded message ------------
From: mainlymuscle at telus.net
Date: Feb 21, 2013
Subject: Cadillac 500 height issue
To: v8vairs at corvair.org

Hello Everyone,
Last May I purchased 69 SYC clone "not your average Corvair" after receiving the email on this site.I checked with Curtis (from Milwaukee),and he confirmed it would be a solid start for what I wanted.The seller,Tommy Mazzoni,was very helpful in assisting with shipping the car from Chicago to me in Edmonton,Canada.I am a car collector and a drag racer,currently run a 10 second Hurst Rambler/Scrambler (yes it's real)amongst others!I have 9 different brands in my collection.You can see some at www.mainlymuscle.com .That's the readers digest version of the background of me and this car.We are going to build this Caddy 500 to the range of 5 to 600 hp,then add a 125 shot of nos.We are running the Eldorado transaxle with ,I believe,the stock 3:o8 gears (which we will weld for posi).Will give it more gear if we need to.We are restoring the body to a very nice stock appearing sleeper and it is almost done.The problem I am putting out there for today, is the height of my motor and lack of clearance for a higher manifold.The issue is,of course,the rear window.I have a great metal fab guy but he says you can't cut out the tempered glass.We are considering Percys speed glass which is supposed to be superior to lexan.Currently,there is about 1.5 inches between the ,tiny aftermarket air cleaner and the window frame.I need 3 to 4 more inches.I will post some "work in progress" in the next few weeks,and look forward to any helpful comments.Meanwhile,what have y'all been doing about this height issue??
Thank you
Jay
780-686-2886
mainlymuscle at telus.net