[V8Vairs] Fwd: Cadillac 500 height issue

salmer1 at aol.com salmer1 at aol.com
Fri Mar 1 21:25:26 EST 2013

I said poor man's SPOOL

-----Original Message-----
From: moonpie8n <moonpie8n at comcast.net>
To: discussion of non-stock engines in Corvairs <v8vairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Thu, Feb 28, 2013 6:14 pm
Subject: Re: [V8Vairs] Fwd: Cadillac 500 height issue

  FOR  A  "POOR  MAN'S  POSI "  WE  used  to  buy  a  shim  kit  and  overload
one  side [we  would  beat  them  in  with  a  leather  hammer  if  we  had
to]. With  this  method, the  car  would  burn  one  wheel " OUT  of  the
HOLE"  about  2  or  3  feet, then  pick  up  the  second  one [burn  with  2].
This  treatment  lasted  about  6  months  of  daily  driving.