[V8Vairs] Charlie Friend's crashes again.... Free 65 Parts if you live near Alamagordo, NM.

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Nov 9 14:57:34 EST 2013

Video

http://youtu.be/JITmiRuJxCg

EMAIL Charlie!!

Hi All,

Don't know if you knew it yet or not but I have trashed my Corvair V-8 again. I had a rear tire failure while running the Nevada Open Road Challenge last May in the 180 class. You can see an in-car video clip by googling charliefriendnorc2013. I'm not all that computer literate so one of my ORR buddies put this clip on you tube. I had topped out at 214 on my in-car GPS readout earlier in the run.

I have decided to rebuild and purchased a non-running '65 Monza to use for body parts. I have pretty much stripped the donor car and here is the question. I want to dispose of all of the Corvair parts except the body and will be glad to just give them away to anyone interested. Here is a partial list.

110 engine/auto trans/diff, car not registered since 2000.
Complete front suspension with crossmember.
Complete rear suspension
All glass and window mechanisms
Hood and decklid
Gas tank
Many other odds and ends

Since I'm looking to give these items away, I don't want to incurr any expense in doing so. If you know of any one who may be interested in these items please pass my contact info along to them. If I have no takers I will haul these items to the salvage yard since I have no use for them.

Charlie Friend

cvfriend at beyondbb.com

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon