[V8Vairs] trans axles

Archibald Evans ade383 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:08:21 EDT 2014

   Mike -

   There are a couple of individuals making an adapter to mate the Big Car Sag to the C5 diff. I make such an adapter. I've heard mention of a fellow who makes an adapter to mate  the Full-size Powder-Glide to the C5 but I don't know his name. I've been commissioned to do the Full-size PG/C5 adapter but that will come after the Big Car Sag output in the the Corvair Sag to C5 diff I'm currently working on. The Big Car Sag in the Corvair case will allow to not move the engine and use the existing Corvair shift linkage. The 'top-loader' to C5 diff adapter is next on my list. I know Mike Levine has been working on the 'top-loader' to C5 for his personal use but I don't know that he'll be making them for sale... ADE

   Note: The two criteria for the usability of any transmission in a direct trans-axel application (whatever the number of gears) is 'side' as opposed to 'top' shifting AND the reverse gear located in the case and not in the tail housing...