[V8Vairs] Ted Trevor Hangar Party

Lanning14 at aol.com Lanning14 at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 15:49:05 EDT 2014

Conversion Enthusiasts,

Most everyone knows about Ted Trevor and his contribution to making the
Corvair handle well and go fast with his Crown Corv-8 kits. I'm excited to
report that Ted is still alive and well, although at 85 his health is starting
 to fail, but he still enjoys a good party.

About two weeks ago, I decided without much planning to accept the  Trevor
family's invitation to their annual hangar party in Moultonborough,  NH
where Ted grew up. With a little luck I booked a Frequent Flyer flight;  so I
was off to meet Ted and party the weekend in New Hampshire. This  turned out
to be a very memorable trip.Ted lives in a local retirement home  due his
poor eyesight and hearing. He's lived there now for four years. After  arriving
on a Friday evening, I drove to the home to meet Ted and have a  long
conversation about his life.

On Saturday, Ted's family and friends cleared out his airplane hangar where
 they store his plane and the yellow #1 Shop Car to make room for tables
and  all the guest. The fresh corn, lobsters, clams, mussels and all the
trimming were prepared by a group of friends right there on sight. Guest started
 arriving late morning with many driving their old vintage cars  and two
guys even flew in. There was a big crowd by mid afternoon when  Ted's family
arrived from the retirement home with Ted in his 66 vintage  Lincoln 4-door
hardtop. He was the focus of attention and was in good spirits  which
included a few beers. His son Howard started up his old shop car and drove  it
around the grounds. Many guest gathered around to ask about the car. Some had
not seen it before. The party went on into the night with guest arriving all
through the day. There was music, good food, airplane rides and lots of
friendly  conversation. This was a gathering I won't soon forget.

To see recent pictures of Ted and his Hangar Party, check out the V8
Registry website at:
http://www.v8registry.com/trevor-hangar-party---august-2014.html

Check out the Registry Forum while you are on line.

John Lanning, Pres
V8 Registry