[V8Vairs] Performance Workshop

Lanning14 at aol.com Lanning14 at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 10:13:05 EST 2015

Robert,

I posted info about the Performance Workshop on the V-8 Registry Form.
Here's the posted info:

2015  Performance Corvair Group Workshop March 6-7 2015 *** HOTEL LINK AT
BOTTOM***
***NEW  LOCATION***
Kokomo,  Indiana “The City of Firsts” Located one hour north of
Indianapolis.
The  workshop will take place in the spacious Kokomo Automotive Heritage
Museum which  houses 100 antique vehicles including three Corvairs and a life
sized machine  shop diorama. There will be ample vendor space located in an
adjoining 1400 sq.  foot
room._http://www.kokomoautomotiveheritagemuseaum.org_ (http://www.kokomoautomotiveheritagemuseaum.org/) "  .
Tentative  itinerary:
Friday  March 6
9:30am  – Noon: Opalescent Glass Factory tour ($5/person) Please RSVP to
Tracy LeVeque  (info listed below) or a self-guided tour of Kokomo. Still
working on more car  related options.

Noon  – 1pm: Lunch at location of your choice. Jamies Soda Fountain,
Hacienda Mexican,  Louies Coney’s are all great local establishments. More info to
come on  those.

1:30-3:30  Private tour of local car collection
6:00  Dinner at Half Moon Restaurant and Brewery. Room reserved for 80
immediately  turn to the right after entering the facility. There will be
individual bills,  gratuity is not included in the pricing. RSVP REQUIRED to Tracy
LeVeque _Libgan2004 at yahoo.com_ (mailto:Libgan2004 at yahoo.com)  . There is
more room available if  needed, but MUST know ahead of time to get seated as
an overflow  group.
Rest  of the evening: Bench racing and videos in the Sycamore Room at the
host hotel.  (2nd floor) Pop, coffee and water provided by Circle City
Corvairs. BYO alcohol  which MUST BE IN A NON ALCOHOL CONTAINER- NO GLASS ALLOWED
if taken outside of  room.

SATURDAY  3/7
7:30am  Vendor registration and set up
8:30am  Registration/tour of museum.
930am  Workshop begins.
1130-1230  Lunch provided by local “Best BBQ in Kokomo” Hawg Heaven.
Pulled pork, homemade  hot sauce and store bought mild sauce, baked beans,
cookies and  pop/tea/coffee/water served by Circle City Corvairs. If there is an
issue with  the menu, please notify Tracy LeVeque privately and other choices
will be made  available.
4:00  Closing
All  must be out by 5pm
6:00pm  5th Annual Mexifest at the Sycamore room in the host hotel. Cost is
$5/person.  BYO drinks; alcohol or non-alcoholic.

HOST  HOTEL: Kokomo Hampton Inn & Suites 2920 S. Reed Road, Kokomo, IN
46902.
765-455-2900.  There are only 15 double queen rooms available; so if you
are planning on  sharing a bed, please book a KING room so that we can have
more beds available.  If you’re planning on NOT sharing a bed but sharing a
room, please book a double  room. There are 15 King rooms available. We will
have the meeting room available  Thursday eve thru Sunday morning free of
charge by booking at least 20 rooms.  Pricing is as follows:
Standard  Double Queens and Standard King rooms are $104/night.
Reservations  are under Performance Corvair Group:

We  try to post info like this on our Forum. If you haven't checked it
lately, I  encourage you to see what's available. Here's a link:
http://v8registryforum.com/ If you  have forgot your user name and password, contact Rick
Andersen for  assistance.

I'm  looking forward to meeting you in Kokomo next month.

John

In a message dated 2/15/2015 8:29:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,