<VV> "Corvairs in the Curves XV" autocross

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:41:02 -0500

Dear Friends,

We have received approval for our annual autocross. Here's the details
as of now so you can put it on your calendars. Later, we'll have
information about prizes and entry fees. Remember, this is the
autocross you come to to have fun, not to win prizes!

Bruce

"Corvairs in the Curves XV"

2:00 PM, Sunday, September 26, Greenville Technical College, Greenville
SC
Rain Date, Sunday, October 3

This is the autocross you've heard about, held annually by the racers
of CORSA SC, in Greenville South Carolina. We are about 2 - 2 1/2
hours from Atlanta, 1 3/4 - 2 hours from Charlotte, 2 3/4 hours from
Knoxville off I-85.

We run in a nice, medium-size lot with some interesting elevation
changes. This is primarily a second gear autocross. no downshifting
back to first, no stop boxes or wiggleing around ridiculously tight
cones, just a smooth, flowing course set up by Corvair autocrossers for
Corvairs, not by some sports car club who thinks you're driving a
Miata. A real fun event with unlimited runs.

All Corvair owners are welcome - novices or veterans! You may run any
Corvair, Corvair bodied or Corvair powered vehicle.

Registration fees haven't been set yet. I'll let you know when they are.

Arrive by 1:00 or 1:30 if you can. Registration will be open all
afternoon.

All vehicles must pass technical inspection. Bring your helmet or
borrow one.

Non-participants, please come, socialize, and help out, workers will be
needed.

Rest rooms are available, food is nearby. Bring lawn chairs, cameras,
and camcorders. The lot
is surrounded by grass and comfortable shade trees.

No classes - event results sent to all participants.

Directions: From I-85, take I-385 toward Greenville. Exit at exit
number 40, and go toward Greenville Tech on Hwy 291 South - South
Pleasantburg Drive. Go about 2 miles, passing McAlister Square, and
turn RIGHT at the traffic light onto E Farris Road, then turn LEFT
into Greenville Tech at the FIRST traffic light. The autocross will
be on your left.

For information contact Eventmaster Bruce Schug: 864/268-2884,
bwschug@charter.net

Bruce W, Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC