<VV> Finally, My Corvairs!

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:45:07 EST

Hi all, sending this to VV and my friends in Corvair Minnesota, and this is
NOT an April Fools!

What a great day!  Well, the weather is good too, being the upper 70's today
and sunny, but this is the day that my Corvairs have started to make the move
from the upper midwest to the Lone Star State!

I have been without my cars since I moved to Texas in October, but at 7:00 AM
this morning, they left storage in Iowa to come to their new home.  (about
time, heck, with the "winters" in Texas, I would have been driving the things
every month here, with the top down!)  My brother is coming down from Wisconsin
for the NASCAR races at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend, and he agreed
to pull one down on his trailer and drive the other one.

They plan on making the 1000 mile trip in a day and a half, stopping
somewhere around Oklahoma City tonight, and getting into the Dallas area by noon
tomorrow.  So, if anyone sees a black Suburban with a Sierra Tan 1965 Corsa Turbo
Convertible on the trailer behind, followed by a LeMans Blue 1969 Monza
Convertible traveling South on Interstate 35, they are mine.  Honk and wave if you
see them, and, God forbid, if you see them along side the road, stop and help.
The first trip of the year for the '69 is a 1000 mile one, but it has always
been reliable as can be (45,000 original miles) so I see no reason it shouldn't
run fine all the way.

I'll let ya'all (Texas talk...I'm learning) know how the trip goes and if
they made it OK, heck, that will probably even give me something to write an
article about for the Corvair Minnesota newsletter, the LEEKY SEEL!  Wish them
luck.  Later.

Todd Miller
Past Pres. Corvair MN
Texan