<VV> New Ultra contestant!

Ron Guy qcc65@charter.net
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:16:54 -0500

Mark,
    An "Ultra Monza" and an Ultra Van are two completely separate things.
The Ultra Vans are a Corvair Powered Motorhome enjoyed by many in CORSA. The
"Ultra Monza" is more of a concept. It started with a bit of humor on VV
between our Moderator and others over perfectly good (?) used Corvair parts
versus buying new. The concept that grew out of that humorous banter is to
find a fairly solid Corvair and put it back on the road in an economical
way. (Read Cheap) The efforts and progress of 4 (to this point) Ultra Monzas
are being tracked on Virtual Vairs. This might be considered by some,
another Corvair Preservation group albeit renegade. In my case I have
donated a decent 66 coupe and a free hand to dip in my parts stash to my
son-in-law and grandson. At this point in life it is the only way they can
afford a restoration project.

Hope this helps you understand the banter & humor as well as the concept.

Ron Guy
CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, CORSA/NC, QCCC, VV, Group Red Member
Def Stinger Project
South Eastern Ultra Monza Project