<VV> RE:Corsa '65 4-spd transmission

EUGENE1938@aol.com EUGENE1938@aol.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:57:30 EST

In a message dated 4/1/04 11:22:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rtnkt@charter.net writes:
I noticed in my transmission main bearing that there is some play on the
outside of the bearing race and the tranny case.  Does this mean my
trans case is toast or in severe need of reconditioning?  May have bit
off more than I want to deal with.
Rich,
Depends on how much play is involved here.  If it's just enough to allow the
bearing to slide out easily then yiu're OK.  If it's several thousands then
you might save it by using Lock Tite "Quick Metal".  I've used it on several too
lose press fits over the years with good results.  It's available from
Clark's and maybe from some FLAPS.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA