<VV> Trip Not going well, update

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 08:11:27 EST

My - long distance - assessment is that it is a valve seat "thinking" about
falling out.

    Everyone keeps saying it is a valve seat for this problem but I think one
item is being overlooked. In the original post it was said there was a
hissing sound coming from the engine.
    A blown head gasket would account for this noise and the possibility of
it running good when it was cold and no noise. I have had a head gasket get
real "hissy" when it got hot but there was not a sign of anything wrong when it
was cold.
    Be sure and do a cold and a hot, after driven, compression test. Also if
the noise is present when hot reconfirm what # cylinder it is coming from.
    Ken Hand