<VV> Electric Pumps vs Turn Cut-Out

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:34:18 EST

In a message dated 4/3/2004 10:32:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, pottsf@msn.com
writes:
Has anyone out there with experience of electric fuel pumps ALSO experienced
the turn cut-out I've been on about for the last few posts?
     I'm interested in knowing whether an electric pump might be a cure for
the turn cut-out.

    In my race car I only have the electric pump for the carbs. I still get
turn cut out by flooding and fuel starvation. Believe me, I have all the
updates done to the carbs short of relocating the jets.
    I have my cutout problems down to a minimum but they are still there.
    The reason you get a turn cutout is when you turn a corner the fuel all
goes to one side of the carb and the float either drops and lets extra fuel in
and floods or it can go the other way and the float can be kept up and the
needle closed and you get a fuel starvation. Usually it is the flooding that
occurs.
    Ken Hand