<VV> Phoenix Charlie

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 05:26:37 -0700

At 2112 04/04/2004 +0100, alan WESSON wrote:
>Been meaning to ask this for ages! Can anyone explain Phoenix Charlie's ads
>in the Communique to me? They are arcane to the point of incomprehensibility
>(or do I just not understand Arizonan??). I have been looking and puzzling
>at them for over 10 years now. This month's enigmas (repeated at least 8
>times!) include:

You need to talk "Charlie-speak"...

>'Again for the 1st time

Charlie-speak for attracting your attention to the previously mentioned
sale closeout.

>Briers w/100,000 virgin metal floors panels

Even with 100,000 miles on 'em they have no rust and are solid.

>$950 each rollers...

They don't run but can be flat towed as/is.  "Rollers" means anything from
no gas in it, to a bad engine.   You take your pick.

>Phone box not sitting on'

He's on hand and waiting for your phone call.

>and
>
>'Displaced. aft. 20 years

Lost his storage.

>Corvair rot-free salvage

Vairs, bodies, nothing but the metal and maybe good glass, likely most trim
and bumpers;/badges missing, or maybe not.  No drivelines probably...  or
bad drivelines, probably desert dried and filled with critters...
sidewinders and lizards and big hairy spiders.   Unrusted, solid, maybe
straight or small dents etc but no rot.  You pick up and haul off.   You
might a title, or not.  You will get solid metal.

> $20 each US postal M/O

USPS money order gets it for you, pick up soon.

>wants?

Call him or write him and tell him what you need.

>Need to get!

Call now or lose out.

>Limited!

Time is short.

>Not even joking in April!

That's when he shuts down.

>Have a local friend
>get/hold'.

Get it now while the getting is good, have your friends in the area pick up
and store the stuff you need until you're able to come and get it.

>What on earth does that mean? If Phoenix Charlie is on this list, could he
>tell me?

He won't say...   Chas has been like this for 25 years which is as long as
I've been reading his ads and attempting to talk with him at meets...  he
does have dry unrusted uncorroded stuff, recently I snapped up several sets
of *nice* exterior door handles for cheap.   Also got a really nifty bright
shiny dealership "add-on" badge...  "RED WHITE CHEVY, Lakewood".   I also
scored a few other nice pieces...  not ultra cheap but not expensive
either.

Any body know where Red White's Chevy dealership in Lakewood was...?
Whatever...  the badge is going on the tailgate of the white "Killer Wagon"
Lakewood when it's repainted.

tony..