<VV> Phoenix Charlie

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:49:11 -0400

I would expect the attrition of competition to improve Southwest Corvair's
ability to thrive and survive even without Southwest's acquisition of
leftover inventory on the cheap from his folding competitors (something I
don't know him to be doing, but I can imagine it, and even hope it for the
reason stated next). I suppose we may be losing some diversity of
(Arizona-based) suppliers, but I've dealt rewardingly with Mark Aksamit a
number of times over the years, so I'll be pleased if this effective
operator gains strength to keep doing what he's doing, and maybe more.
Nothing against the others - I haven't dealt with them, in Charlie's case
for the reasons stated (language barrier - something I experience here in
Sur Florida a lot, too).

Joe (not afraid of big - not at all) Potts
Miami, Florida USA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of
UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 7:11 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Phoenix Charlie

It is a shame that no everyone "gets"  Charlies "lingo".....he does have
lots
of everything...and as Tony stated...not ULTRA cheep...but good prices...

This is the 2nd " 'Zoni" based Vair business near Phoenix that has has to
shut down THIS YEAR!!!!    I wonder how much longer SW Vair Salvage can go
on....and when they're gone...there goes a "central" source of RUSTFREE
parts...cars...fc's

A shame...for those living in the rustbelt....

Matt N.

ps   don't worry about Charlie....he'll retire comfortably......