<VV> Spark Plug Gap with Pertronix

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:58:10 -0400

Hi Todd.
    I think it's more the case of "can gap differently" than "should gap differently".  I use .045 with great success, but use good (and the source is right here on VV) 'Vair wires...
  Compression?  not sure what the answer is, but I always go with "it's good" as long as all the readings are within 10 percent.

JED
Jim Duane
Colonial Corvairs
Corsa

	-----Original Message-----
	From: ChiefTAM@aol.com [mailto:ChiefTAM@aol.com]
	Sent: Mon 4/5/2004 1:49 PM
	To: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
	Subject: <VV> Spark Plug Gap with Pertronix

	I am trying to put a new set of plugs in my 69 110.  I have found my basics
	manual, but not my other manuals.  In the basics manual, it says use a .035 gap
	on the plugs for the standard ignition.  Did I hear something about having to
	gap differently with an electronic ignition and a high volt coil?

	Also, what should the compression be in the cylinders?  I am trying to
	diagnose the problem with my engine and I am going to run a compression test.
	Should it be around 120 per cylinder?

	Todd M.