<VV> Corvair on auto transport in IL

Mike Kost vairmike@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 17:58:51 -0500

While heading west on I-64 through southern IL this afternoon I came
upon an auto transport completely filled with `60s vintage cars (mostly
chevy). On the front lower level was a yellow `65 or `66 with wire
covers. I was in a line of traffic and by myself  and didn't have time
to look at much detail. The transport was from Country Classic Cars. As
I got down the road a little distance I heard another trucker asking him
about the cars and the driver said they were  bought (and for sale) by
Country Classic Cars in NC and not on consignment. I believe this is the
place that is on I-55 between St. Louis and Litchfield, IL (he headed
north on Hwy 4). He also had a couple of Chevelles and a Nova along with
a 1st gen Toronodo and a car I couldn't identify (most likely something
from Chrysler Corp in the late `50s or early `60s).

--
Mike Kost
Show-Me Corvair Club