<VV> Engine Problem....What to do? (long, please bear with me)

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:40:41 -0700

> So, what do I do?  Does this indicate that the valve seat is thinking
about
> coming out?  There are no bad mechanical noises coming from the engine
that I
> heard.  I don't suppose that a piece of carbon could have broken loose and
> caused the valve to stick open a bit.  (I know, wishful thinking

Before you pull the engine, put #4 at TDC on the firing stroke (or loosen
both rockers) and blow air into the spark plug hole while listening at the
carb, exhaust, or oil filler. This will further narrow down the problem. If
it's out the exhaust, it may well be carbon. If it's out the intake, it's a
valveseat, most likely. If it's out the oil filler, it's a bad piston or
broken ring(s).
yea, Vairily ... Shaun

---