<VV> dash pad on 63 spyder

Anil Mittal anil@anil.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:17:14 -0400

Bill,

  I was in the exact same situation as you with my 66. I went to Pep
Boys and found a vinyl spray die. I masked the area around the dash
pad and prepped it as the spray reccomended. I then sprayed on two
light coats of the stuff. It came out great and looks good as new.
I'll warn you that the spray stuff is pretty nasty to inhale so try
to use some sort of resperator. I do not remember the name of the
product but it was in a tall skinny can and touted that it used
Molecular Bonding technology. Good luck!

Anil

--__--__--

Message: 1
From: "turbobraf" <turbobraf@cox.net>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:19:41 -0500
Subject: <VV> dash pad on 63 spyder

my 63 spyder cnvrt interior (including top) has been completly redone
except
the dash pad, it is not ripped or anything, but does not look
appropriate
compared to the rest of the car, (the exterior has been freshly
painted
also).
i understand from some people that the dash pad removal and
installation is
difficult to get done correctly.
I am thinking then of masking and painting the dash pad instead.
anyone in the
group done either of the above with any success?
BTW this car also has a new engine, transmission, front end, rear
end, axels,
turbo, generator, starter, complete rework of the tunnell pulleys,
wires etc.
what the heck you name, it has been redone, except the brakes, as the
pads are
good and nothing is leaking, will go through that this fall, after i
drive it
for awhile, been 4 yrs doing all this, so may drive it some, for a
change,
also have recromed all the way around.
i am relatively new to this grp, have posted some, thought i should
introduce
myself and let you folks know some about me and my car. This is a
pristine
example of a rust free car that my dad and i have gone through and
brought
back to a very near out of the showroom condition, naturally, i am
most proud
of what we have done and hope to keep it in this condition and try to
even
improve on it
i learn lots from you guys, i hope to add a few things based on all
the stuff
i have been involved in with this car. i live in oklahoma
Bill Brafford