<VV> Engine Problem....What to do?

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:49:23 -0400

	Sadness...  Well, either you get yourself one of those
fiberoptic scopes that can look into the sparkplug hole or... Pop the
head for a closer look.  If it's rings, holed piston, stuck valve, burnt
or bad valve seat, the only way to REALLY know is to get on in there.
Good luck.

JED

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: ChiefTAM@aol.com [mailto:ChiefTAM@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 3:02 PM
To: UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Cc: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: Re: <VV> Engine Problem....What to do?

So, without easy access to an air compressor, and knowing that I have
one cylinder that is at 60lbs when all the rest are at 150-160, and that
I have taken the rocker cover off, and with #4 at TDC I can wiggle the
rockers a little, with no apparant breakage of a rocker or a valve
spring, is the concensus that there is a problem with the valve seat and
that the head will have to come off?

I suppose it can happen to any engine, but with only 49,000 miles, not
getting the engine hot that I know of, at least certainly not in the
last 4 years, and only using about 1/8th of a quart of Mobil 1 in almost
1000 miles, how common is it in a 110 that a valve seat would come out?

Todd Miller