<VV> Corvair on auto transport in IL

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:03:18 EDT

vairmike@sbcglobal.net writes:
While heading west on I-64 through southern IL this afternoon I came
upon an auto transport completely filled with `60s vintage cars (mostly
chevy). On the front lower level was a yellow `65 or `66 with wire
covers. I was in a line of traffic and by myself  and didn't have time
to look at much detail. The transport was from Country Classic Cars. As
I got down the road a little distance I heard another trucker asking him
about the cars and the driver said they were  bought (and for sale) by
Country Classic Cars in NC and not on consignment. I believe this is the
place that is on I-55 between St. Louis and Litchfield, IL (he headed
north on Hwy 4). He also had a couple of Chevelles and a Nova along with
a 1st gen Toronodo and a car I couldn't identify (most likely something
from Chrysler Corp in the late `50s or early `60s).

--
Mike Kost
Show-Me Corvair Club

Been there.... Lotsa cars

Some nice.

Some junk.

They also lease cars for movie production.

Tim Abney

Proud Member of
International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 501
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow
Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN - 1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C. President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting restoration
1962 Corvair 700 4 Door - Very Solid - Gone to a good home

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of iuoe%20logo.jpg]