<VV> Re:Turbos

Jim Simpson simpsonj@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:11:26 -0400

Well, it's fairly easy to break it down to early ('62 - '64) or late ('65 -
'66).  The part number on the turbo compressor scroll (metal tag) for an
early is 3840830, late is 3856709.  If you want to break it down further,
then you'll need to look at the carb.  If it has the id tag, then you are
in luck.  If not, you'll have to find the main body casting number.

Yr    Tag            Main body

'62  3311S-SA    0-1992
'63  3569S         0-1507
'63  3586S-SA   0-1580
'64  3692S-SA   0-1580  but with a 75-1629 metering rod
'65  3902S         0-1750
'65  4020S         0-1769
'66  4141S-SA   0-1769 but with a different part number choke piston &
inlet needle/seat.

See the August '85 issue of the CORSA Communique.  Howard King did an
excellent job of assembling all the variations.

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair, '66 Corsa turbo w/ 4141S-SA carb