<VV> Easter Event - St. Louis /

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:26:14 EDT

I'm really hoping in all this that I can get Bill Pierson to stop by and pick
up my NEW non-ultra stuff and build me a motor!

I can't wait to go to the event and see what a Corvair looks like that
actually moves under its own power and doesnt have a big empty space where the
engine used to be. Do they have Corvairs that dont have big ugly holes in the
fenders?  <gggg>

Mark Chapman

1  You know I'm enjoying this thread...

2  Yes, I'm at work...can't do anything at this site until they shut the
turbine off...OSHA  rules...luv it!

3   NO FLAME!!

Mark, you sound like someone that's never driven the car they are working
on...and maybe ever a Corvair at all??

Are you sure you'll be pleased with the finished product?   You state that
Bill P. will assemble your engine using all the "non-ULTRA" parts you have [
read $$$$$] So surely you've spent enough $$  that you could've purchased a
"driver"..to enjoy while you worked on your "special one".  It may have prolonged
the time to finish the "special"...but you could've been having a lot of fun
during the time...

I'm a child of the 40's...first drove in the 60's......love "fixing"  and
driving....but not  "rebuilding"......I've never "rebuilt" any engine /
trans.....just repaired..

I first drove EM  Vairs while working as a "lotboy"  after school at a local
used carlot......not exciting to a teen....but found they were fast in corners
when driven properly [ before radial tires] and fell in love with the engines.

1st Vair bought...rusty...cut it up and made a street legal 3 wheeler....
..beach cruiser with 5 seats  tandem!

2nd was a 65  with a leaky snout.......pulled the
engine...cleaned.....epoxied a seal in place and drove!  I wanted to find out if I liked the cars......I
DID!
60k  miles later I traded it off for a mini truck with Buick 225
v6........since I now had a 65 Corsa 140...62 VW   Baja Bug with Hadley Transvair.

So, you see I've always had a Vair something to drive...for a while just a
boat and a sandcar[dunebuggy].

I'n '99 after joining VV....Hank and others challenged me to put up or shut
up.....so I bought a 66 vert...out of a wrecking yard...

go to     http://members.aol.com/patiomatt     for the
pictorial...ImmortalVair.....done ULTRA style

hope the ST. Louis event spurs you on! ggg

Matt