<VV> Crowded valves

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:41:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/2004 12:24:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
NicolCS@aol.com writes:
I just took apart a set of 110 heads for cleaning and, boy, you coulda heard
me say "WOW" from a block away.  The build-up of deposits in the valve
openings was worse than any I have ever seen, even on the old motor-oil
commercials!.
Several had a deposit build-up on the valve stem that was almost the
diameter of the valve-head, going back about 1 1/4" on the stem.  This must
have
almost entirely filled the intake port.  One port, after removing the valve,
was
completely closed-off except where the valve stem went through.  It's safe to
say that this motor wasn't "performing up to snuff"!  The heads looked great
otherwise with no external signs of the issue.  I'm glad I didn't just slap
these on a motor and then tried to figure out why the engine wouldn't perform!
"Just thought I'd share"
Sounds like an engine with THIN  oil.....driven around town only [ hi vacuum]
Matt