<VV> EM AM/FM & Dave Newell

Wrsssatty@aol.com Wrsssatty@aol.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:56:29 EDT

<Not to start an argument here, but Corvair historian Dave Newell says there
WAS an AM-FM radio available in Corvairs very late in the 1964 model year.
I've never seen one, but Dave says he did. Let the flames begin!>

Yes, and, as I recall, contacted later about it and, upon further reflection,
he concluded that the owner of the car in question (or a previous owner
thereof) had done precisely what Bruce Webster discussed on here earlier--installed
an AM/FM from a Nova in an early Corvair.  It fits, but was never offered as
an option on the early Corvair!

Bill Stanley