<VV> synthetic oil suggestions

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:01:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/2004 2:22:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
slmizel@juno.com writes:
...I have seen several suggestions in VV to use synthetic oil over the last
couple weeks...what is the group's experience?  I have never used synthetic and
I noticed most of the books recommend hd30...1) Anyone say NO don't use it?
2) Anyone recommend one brand over another? 3) What filter do I use?  Sorry
again that my questions are so basic, but I am just a basic kind of guy cruising
around and having a ball in my '65.  Thanks!

    First AMSOIL is the best synthetic out there.
     The HD 30 oil hasn't really been upgraded like the multigrades have
been.
    You can use any filter that is available to you but again WIX is about
the best out there, there are several other brands that are made by WIX also.
    With AMSOIL you can change the oil once a year or 25,000 miles as long as
you do filter changes at least every 6000 miles.
    You can go to AMSOIL.COM and place an order and anyone can use customer
#503903.
    Ken Hand