<VV> Re: Early-model AM-FM and correction again

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:10:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/8/2004 3:04:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> Not to start an argument here, but Corvair historian Dave Newell says there
> WAS an AM-FM radio available in Corvairs very late in the 1964 model year.
> I've never seen one, but Dave says he did. Let the flames begin!
>
> Ralph Gubser
> Cincinnati, OH

Ralph,
  No flame here.  If Dave Newell says it's so that's good enough for me.
Sure is news though.  After reading this I did some more research and found in an
early '66 Chevrolet accessory brochure that a Nova/ChevyII could not be
ordered with AM-FM.  I assume then that it wasn't offered in '65 either so the
radio I have can't be from a Nova. Maybe someone out there can verify this?  Since
it has the provisions for the multiplex I doubt it can predate 1965. I will
stick my neck out again and say my radio is from a late '60's Chevrolet pickup
since they look very similar in design to an EM radio.  I don't have enough
literature to substantiate this though.

Bruce Webster