<VV> Oil filter question: Adapter? No adapter?

ronchoy@comcast.net ronchoy@comcast.net
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 23:57:41 +0000

My local Kragens (all of them) no longer carry (ssshh..Fram PH4) Corvair oil filters, which I've happily used for +25 years.  Ditto PepBoys.  I'm a lazy shopper, so I'm undecided whether to buy a case of filters from our vendors or buy either Cal's or Lon's adapters and use modern filters.
   If I buy adapters, that's one fewer Corvair filter purchaser, leading ultimately to no one making Corvair filters.
  I'd prefer a non-90 degree adapter, having cursed at the one on my '68.  I appreciate any input from out there in Corvairland!  :)  -ron 65,66