ps...Re: <VV> synthetic oil

mark@noakes.com mark@noakes.com
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 04:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, I do run Redline in my BSP vette...but I run the cheaper synthetics in my
other stuff...Mobil 1, Valveline, Castrol, etc...like Bob says, once my pickup started
burning oil (sometime after 200K miles but I don't remember specifically), I quit
running syn and went to the regular stuff.  At 236Kmiles, it's burning about 1/2 quart
in 4Kmiles.  I attribute much of its longevity to running synthetic.  If you only keep a
vehicle for 100K miles, I can't imagine that it would be worth it.

There also seems to be a very slight gas mileage advantage with synthetics but not
enough to warrant the difference in the cost of oils

Mark Noakes