<VV> Datsun brake swap/Drag Racing (long)

Stan East sgeast@interlog.com
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:11:25 -0400

I did this on a Datsun 510 with Corvair wheels you will have to turn the
fins off the aluminum drum to clear the steel wheel.

Stan East

-----original message---------
 Message: 5
From: Kevmcclain@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:09:19 EDT
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re: Datsun brake swap/Drag Racing (long)

Hey everyone,
    I have decided to switch my Corvair drum brakes over to Datsun 240Z
aluminum drums. I heard this idea from Larry Forman, who said that It was a
direct
swap. The only difference was about 2lbs a drum. I just wanted to know if
anybody on VV has performed the swap, and if there are any pitt falls to
look out
for. Larry has never steered me wrong, and since we greased my rear wheel
bearings, and discovered all of my shoes are cracked; I figured this would
be the
perfect time. Any help you could give would be would be...well...helpfull.
   <smtty>