<VV> Mystery Body stamp number

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:14:55 -0400

I can't tell you exactly what that one means, but in my plant (a sheet
metal fab plant) we have what's known as "run markers" in each set of
dies. The current run marker stamps a set of numbers that include the
last four digits of the part number, shift, plant code, and a "Julian"
date. All the sheet metal parts that we make are stamped with something
at one point or another, even of that spot gets later gets cut off, and
have been for as long as I've worked there. I started 30 years ago this
year, and MAY retire by the end of July. WO-HOO!!!

-Mark