<VV> Solvent Test for Heads / lapping valves without grinding ...

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:22:54 EDT

I'm usually in more of a hurry...ggg

I pour down the intake....turn...pour down the exhaust manifold  or  tubes
and hold head UP above my line of sight with chambers facing down....

instant gratification...

And Yes....water is not a good medium...IMO

I am a firm believer in JUST lapping valves that "slightly" leak....as long
as everything looks "OK".....  I have never had trouble after doing it in any
engine...

I've never run any of these engines more than 20k miles after....but never
saw problems...

I hate to GRIND valves / seats.......as it is just  matter of time until they
get too thin...same with turning brake drums!

Matt