<VV> Re: parking lites on with headlites

Jon Gilbert jon.gilbert@adelphia.net
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:01:43 -0400

PHEW -- I was getting worried that I have a major anomaly with my old Vair.
(joke)

It is amazing what details there are to think about.  Who could have
imagined that late models have at least four DIFFERENT lighting
arrangements?

'65  -- funny taillights, no side markers (??reverse lights optional I
think??)
'66  -- regular taillights, no side markers
'67  -- side markers added, but no parking lamp illumination with headlights
on
'68  -- side markers, parking lamp illumination with headlights on

Glad I don't show at Concours events...

----snip----
The Shop Manuals, published by Chevrolet show wiring changes to illuminate
the park and side lights with the headlights for the 1968 and 1969 Corvairs.
That would seem to make it official.

Regards,
Bob Helt

Jon Gilbert