<VV> The Verdict is in: Dropped Valve Seat

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:10:33 -0400

I finally "coaxed" the damaged head off of Geoff's car -- had to use a small
drill in my Dremel tool to free up the stud that had been captured by the
head when the PO used the wrong head nuts to attach it.

Anyway, as expected, it was the infamous 140 dropped intake valve seat.

Pictures can be found at the following site.
http://community.webshots.com/album/133605773bfACBV

Now if it would only stop raining, I might get the new heads back on. :-(

Bill Hubbell
TCC President 2003-2004
CORSA Eastern Division Director Candidate 2004

"No Corvairs were harmed in the typing of this message"