<VV> Correcting parking lites on with headlites to.... parking lights and headlights

Stan East sgeast@interlog.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:13:52 -0400

OK this needs better clarification to make sure we concours types are
correct. Here are the variations in the lights from year to year for late
models. That's seven lighting arrangements 3 for 65, 2 for 66, none for 67
(not counted) 1 for 68 and 1 for 69.

65  -- 	unique taillights p/n 5956142 and
	backup lights p/n 5956169 for the model year,
	no side markers,
	back up light blanked with aluminum on 500 model p/n 3857087 or
	optional add the Monza and Corsa backups on the 500 with additional wiring
harness p/n 2988135, plus full backup light housing with lens same as
backups standard on the Monza and Corsa

'66  --	began the year with new design narrow wedding band style chrome ring
on the taillights p/n 5957932 and
	narrow wedding band backup light p/n 5957935,
	switch in August or September of 65 to wider band style on both the tail
light p/n 5958761 and (I can't read the dates on my copy of the assembly
manual)
	backup light p/n 5958807,
	no side markers

'67  -- 	no changes from the later style 66 taillights
	no side markers

'68  -- 	white front side markers p/n 916581 with orange bulbs,
	red rear side markers p/n 916632 with clear bulbs,
	front parking lamp illumination with headlights on,
	taillight and backup the same as late 66 style

69 --	orange front side markers p/n 911045 with clear bulbs,
	red rear side markers with clear bulbs same as 68 rear side marker,
	front parking light illumination with headlights on,
	taillight and backup the same as late 66 style

- Sources Parts and Accessory Catalogs GM USA & Canada

Then there are the T3 headlights

	clear in the center of the triangle up to and including 67 and
	vertical lines in the T3 triangle for 68 and 69

- Source Clarks Catalog

Note the present concours rules only require T3 headlights in the Factory
Stock (unrestored) class, the Factory Stock Restored class are allowed
"Replacement or reproduction AC, Delco or Guide lamps and lenses".
In the other classes "Aftermarket or original replacement are allowed".

Stan East
Sometimes concours judge